Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 6, 2011

On a binge...

First off, I am so amazed and excited that the blog is over 1000 views... and that there have been page views in six countries since I started at the beginning of the year. Canada, USA, Mexico, Germany, Russia & Denmark! Thank you to everyone who is reading and sharing this blog!

I started painting this morning. Usually I wait until the evening when the kids have gone to bed. Today I had a chance to start earlier, so I did. I thought 'oh good, now I can take the night off'. Well, I guess I must have been in a painting mood because I finished one canvas this morning, prepped a second (to do tomorrow, or so I thought), finished the second this evening, and then started on a third. The one I finished this morning is probably done... but I want to look at it again with fresh eyes tomorrow to see if I can or should do anything more to it. The one I did for today is called "Baby Feet" in honour of the arrival of my friend's baby last night. The other one is of my friend Trina... another belly dancer. That one might take a little longer since I only really put a bit of colour on it. I've been trying to get to the gym a fair bit and as such my evenings seem to be growing shorter and shorter!

I'd like to thank everyone who has helped me out so far with supplies, support, etc. I'm about to write a letter requesting assistance to be sent to a few places. I'm a little nervous about it... it's kind of difficult to explain the whole third-party fundraising thing sometimes. I'm also excited too... the more help I can get to do the work during the year, the more Children's Wish will be helped at the end. So, thanks guys. :)

I took a moment to look at all the paintings tonight... it's hard in a way to believe that I've really done that much painting in such a short time! Feeling good about it on a whole bunch of levels. Thanks for reading, and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog