Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Very Special Day

Ok... a little personal note from me. Today is my son's third birthday! I can't quite believe he's three already... where does the time go? He is a wonderful little boy who has captured my heart completely. I decided to paint a little something for him. Tonight's painting is a three-tiered birthday cake, with green icing (his favourite colour) and three candles. It is called "Three". Which, funnily enough, is also my favourite number. So, here's hoping for a really amazing year (again) with my little guy.

It is also the start of a new week. I was talking with my brother today and said I had 42 paintings done. He looked stunned and then I reminded him that six weeks at seven days apiece comes out to 42. He then asked where I was going to store them all! I have no idea... I'm sure necessity will cause me to come up with something close to brilliance... hehehe, or tupperware bins. :) For now, they're all out on two bookshelves so I can see them, and admittedly, show them off a little to anyone who wants to see them. :) I can't help it... I'm pretty proud of this project. Even if some of the paintings aren't my favourites... I'm still doing it. One a day for a whole year. So... this week... starting with some birthday cake. We'll have to see what comes next. Bowl of ice cream? Maybe not...

Happy Birthday to my little Cuppy Cake and tonight's inspiration. xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog