Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another Element

Ok, so today is element number three of four. I've done a Fire and a Water, today I did Wind. Tomorrow, Earth. I'll be honest (and perhaps a little self-congratulatory) I really like them! I think they're near the top of the list for my favorites so far. :)

I've been quite productive today... I took my son out for a little special just him and me time this morning. We went to the grocery store and the hardware store. Ok, maybe it's not super exciting... but it was time just for us two. At the hardware store we picked out some paint for the basement. I narrowed it down to two choices, and he picked the final one. Wasn't sure I'd get around to painting the hall today, but I did. During the afternoon nap/quiet time I tackled what will be phase one of four. The first coat of the downstairs part of the hall. There was too much stuff on the stairs part, plus it needs to be tidied and I'd need a ladder. I don't really do ladders... so maybe Chris will have to do that part! So, I'm hoping that by the end of next weekend it'll all be painted and finished up and I can start the next part... decorating!

I regularly get asked how I have time for this project... the painting daily and blogging about it. I'm not really sure to be truthful. I guess it's a matter of prioritizing. Sometimes the dishes don't get done... other times I'm up until after midnight because I had something pressing to take care of first. I guess I just think it's really important to not miss a day, so I don't. 58 days, and the one time I got behind was Valentine's Day, and I got caught up the very next day. Plus I think I had a good excuse for that day! I have no intention of shorting out on my goal of 365 paintings. There will be difficult times ahead I'm sure... but it's one of my top priorities so I know it will get done. It's all a matter of figuring out what matters to you and finding a way to do it. That's true of so much in life, don't you think?

Oh, tonight's painting is called "A Blustery Day". Hope you like it when you see it. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog