Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Two for One

Here we are at the start of the third week. Part of me can hardly believe I've really made it even this far. It is definitely a lot of work... but at least it's fun too! I think the hardest part may be the first moment of looking at the blank stretch of white, followed closely by coming up with a name. It's weird... but good.

Anyway... tonight's painting is, as the title of this post suggests, a two for one deal. I tried something I've thought about trying for a few days but hadn't quite gotten around to doing. It's definitely more abstract than some of the others. I love using bright colours and especially the six I associate with the rainbow. Yes, six. Forgive me, I know there are seven, but it seems rather unfair that purple (ish) gets two. So... I stick with six. Oh, did I also mention I like symmetry? Hard to be symmetrical with seven. Not impossible, but harder. I started with one 5x7 canvas and placed dollops of paint in all the colours around the canvas in equal numbers. Then, much like a Rorschach test, placed another 5x7 canvas on top, squished and slid it around a wee bit, then pulled them gently apart. I think it turned out rather well. But, you'll have to wait until next Friday to see it. I'm calling it "Butterfly". You'll have to let me know what you think of when you look at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog