Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

True Love

Is there any love quite as pure and unadulterated as that of Cookie Monster and his beloved cookies?

Ok, so it's a wee bit one-sided as the cookies always end up in Cookie's tummy, but it's a nice thought just the same. He is one of my favourite characters on Sesame Street and I still enjoy watching the video clips of him with my son. Ah, the classics of my youth.

Tonight's painting was inspired both by Chris and Gavin. Chris, because I often call him my cookie monster... the way that man can pack away the chocolate chip cookies... he could give Cookie a run for his money! Gavin, well, he is totally into Sesame Street so it follows. :)

I think I like this painting because it's simple and fun. Anyone who loves the familiar characters of Sesame Street should enjoy seeing a hint of them in paint. Obviously I didn't paint too much, just enough that people should get the idea... I'm sure there are copyright laws in effect there.

I'm becoming more swayed to the Children's Wish Foundation... probably because I'm a bit of a sucker for the tug the heartstring stories. I think what they do is wonderful. I wish such a foundation didn't need to exist, but that's a little too optimistic really. At least they do amazing things for kids in awful situations. I hope that this choice meets with approval. I think the money raised will make a difference and I think it's something that people can really get behind and support.

Speaking of support, I got a call today, as a follow up from an email from my kijiji ad... there's a lady in Porter's Lake (temporarily forgotten her name, sorry!) who is interested in donating some paint! Yay!! So, sometime this week I'll drive out to her store and pick up her donation. I think this is really great that a perfect stranger saw my ad and felt it a good enough idea/cause to support. I'm hopeful that over the year more people will hear about this (really must get on that a bit) and maybe more people will want to paint too. I'll still do a year's worth of paintings, but really, the more the merrier. More canvasses means more funds raised. More funds means more positive change in the world. Nothing wrong with that.

So, thanks to everyone who is supporting me in this project. No one has said I'm nuts yet, so I'll take that as a good sign. Here's to making a difference one small gesture at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog