Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Supplies Running Low

I must use a lot of black paint... need to make another trip to an art store very soon! I bought a bunch of canvasses a week and a half ago and I've only got one left. Eep! I have to say, I've definitely appreciated the help and donations I've received so far. It's made doing this a lot more possible.

This is my less than subtle way of seeing if anyone out there wants to help me out a little. :) Never hurts to ask, right? Canvasses are the biggie... it always feels like I'm picking up a ton, but when they get painted every day they go quickly. Well, if anyone can and wants to help, that would be great... but if you're not in a position that's totally ok too. I just think it's amazing and wonderful every time the page view counter jumps up. Almost to 600 now! I'm hoping we can hit 1000 by the end of the month. :)

Now on to tonight's painting... I mentioned that I painted a fairy the other day. I also said she was a skinny little thing. So, tonight I got around to painting a less than stick-figure fairy. Wow... it's a lot easier to do the skinny ones. At least, that's what my first attempt tells me. This fairy is sitting on a mushroom (toadstool?) and it's a nice sunny day. I think it makes a nice opposite to the earlier painting too. What can I say, I like symmetry and balance. I'll probably do some more fairies at some point too. The possibilities are many and the subject matter is fun. Any suggestions for paintings are more than welcome!

Otherwise, not much is new... got the logo for the Children's Wish Foundation and my paperwork is in. So, hopefully people will start to hear about this project in wider circles. My goal is that by the end of the year this thing will be out there and noticed. Happy thoughts! So... help me out, post links on your facebook pages if you've got them, tell your friends and family about this. You never know who will want to help out or who would love to come to the final event. :)

Ok, enough babbling out of me... more pictures tomorrow!!

Facebook Group Link

1 comment:

  1. Joanne, have you considered approaching the Shriner's or the Rotary Club for some assistance with your charity? They do a lot for kids, I wonder if they could help you with supplies?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog