Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thought I'd Try Something New

Watercolour...

Up until now I've pretty much stuck with my favourite acrylic paints. Safe, quick to dry (for the most part) and easy enough to paint over. But, I found a set of watercolour pencil crayons tucked away in my art kit. Ah, the flashbacks to high school art class begin! So, I figured, why not try something a little different for tonight's painting. I found a pre-prepped canvas... of my Mom's horse Dancer back when she was naught but a wee filly. Why not? Comparing that painting to the first one (Jazz)... I think the watercolour is slightly more realistic, but I think I prefer the texture you can get with the acrylic. So, I guess, don't hold your breath for too many watercolours. :) I'll leave those to my far more talented mother-in-law. Seriously... we have a few of her watercolours and I am so very jealous! Hmm... maybe I can talk her into donating a few. This is a not-so-subtle ploy to see if anyone reading this is thinking, hey I should try some painting and throw it into the mix. It's for a great cause after all. Just let me know!

I think I did manage to come up with a slightly better title for this painting of a horse. Never again will I scoff at an artist's titles... coming up with them is harder than it looks. This one is called "Barn Baby". The last one, as you may recall, was oh so originally titled "Horse". Yeah, one can only go up from there!

I'm down to one last small canvas in my box... have several much larger canvasses, but am trying to keep the sizes fairly similar... so there may be an emergency trip to an art store on Friday. We shall have to see. Hoping also to pick up a paint donation on Friday so that's a lot to pack into one day with small children. Wish me luck!

Oh, if anyone has any suggestions for where the end of year show/sale should be, please feel free to leave a comment. I have a few ideas, but maybe you have a better one. :) Never hurts to ask.

See you tomorrow, and go out and do something nice for someone. It'll make both of you feel good.

1 comment:

Search This Blog