Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Two Birds... with one brush.

Ok... so I may have cheated just a little today. Last night I did a painting inspired by the lovely and talented Laura Selenzi. Just before I started I got an idea for another painting and decided to double up. I figure it still counts as a canvas a day because I had to do some more work on it tonight, but it was mostly finished.

This one is called Artist's Palette. I painted a wooden palette and then used that canvas as the palette for Selenzi. So it really *is* the artist's (me) palette on a real painting. I thought that was pretty cool.

I've had a few rumblings about posting pics of the paintings every day... not sure I'm up for that, but I'm open to being swayed by popular opinion. Part of me wants to keep it to once a week, just so that it's easier to find the pics. Then there are only 52 posts with pictures, but they'll be linked to their relevant posts, rather than having to go through all 365 posts to find a particular picture. So... let me know what you think... daily or weekly?

I'd just like to say a special hello to the three people who 'follow' the blog. Makes me smile to see names there. :) Love the visitor count climbing too... hopefully this project will inspire others to do something nice for someone else, or the world. I think it is possible for an individual to make a difference... even small differences add up to big changes, no matter what it is you're trying to do.

Little personal tidbit... we have two friends who bought some new appliances recently and they asked us if we'd be interested in having their old ones. Their old ones are waaaay newer than the appliances that came with our house. So, of course we said YES! With their simple gesture of giving away their fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave, washer and dryer, they have impacted quite a lot of people. We are getting the fridge and stove, so our fridge is going to a family with four kids who need more fridge space, our stove is going to a guy we found through the food bank, the washer went to friends of ours whose washer and dryer up and died on them, and the dryer went to my parents who didn't have one that worked. The other appliances went to other people they know and so it just spreads outward from there. The whole pay it forward idea really works! I like the idea of karma... so this whole experience makes me feel warm and fuzzy. :)

Ok... enough unrelated babbling... next thing you know I'll be painting rainbows and bunnies. Hmm... I do like bunnies... :) Maybe tomorrow I'll paint a rainbow coloured bunny. We will see... good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog