Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Still going even when sick... bring it on!

Tonight's painting is called "Field of Violets" and is all in purple with a hint of white and silver. Mainly concentric circles done slightly off centre. I think I like it. :) I tried a few different things with thinned paint and so did not like any of the attempts so I scrubbed it down and started again. That's one of the nice thing about using small canvasses, you can start over if you need to and still finish one a day!

I quite enjoy looking at the little series of 5x5 turntable paintings. They're all different and all neat in their own ways. Looking forward to posting the pictures!

I think at the end of each month I'm going to set aside a chunk of time to scan each painting. I'm hoping that the scans will turn out better than the pictures I've taken so far. Plus, I'd like a really nice record of all this art. Can't hurt, right?

Not much is new otherwise... my whole family is ill so it has been a bit of a tough couple of days. Still finding/making time to paint though... and still really enjoying it. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to keep the pace going, but it seems to be ok so far. Of course, it's only January... we'll see how it goes come June! I promised myself that I'd do this and I'm going to do it.

The thought just popped into my head about the movie "Run Fat Boy Run"... I'm not exactly like that guy, but I suppose there has been a certain lack of follow through on some of my more outlandish ideas. This one though, this I think I can see all the way through. Maybe it's because the end result is beyond my little world. I think sometimes it's easier to challenge yourself if you are not the immediate beneficiary. In a way I am, I get to practice painting and feel good about what I'm doing, but it's less tangible. The real concrete benefits are going elsewhere and I think that generally helps. I'm not even sure I'm making sense.... chalk it up to being sick and sleepless! :) Anyway, an early night for me... until tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. A thought for when it does get busy, and you need to miss a day or two: You could have an invited guest do a painting (and subsequent blog) for a night here and there. The painting gets done, the project continues, and you don't have to destroy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting idea... might have trouble finding another painter the day of though. Plus I really really want to do one a day. I figure if other people would like to contribute as well, that's wonderful, but I know I'd like to have a minimum of 365 paintings to sell. I think it will take a lot to make me miss a day... although now that I think of it, I will be away for two weeks this summer... important family thing ;) Will have to think of something for that!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog