Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lucky Number Thirteen

I'd like to start this post by thanking Anne Fairman of Tabatha's Treasures. She responded to my Kijiji ad for donations of art supplies to help me on this journey. I went out to the shop, 4888 Hwy 7, Porter's Lake, NS to pick up some paints (and left with other stuff she thought I might find useful too). The store is full of interesting scrapbooking and card making supplies... I tell ya, if I ever get around to finishing my Italy scrapbook I'll be heading there for some stuff! Psst.. she's having an inventory sale this month too. :)

So, thanks Anne... I really appreciate it!

Tonight's painting was (shh don't tell) started last night. It ended up being one of those slow to dry backgrounds so I finished it up tonight. I figure it still counts since I did the hard work tonight. It's a picture of a mermaid on a beach staring out at the sea. All sorts of thoughts came into my head about what she was thinking and feeling. After all, she's a mermaid... lives in the sea, but we see (hehe) her out of it and maybe wonder why. I was thinking a lot about how sitting at Peggy's Cove made me feel the very first time I went. It's easy to think of all our little problems as big ones until you take a look at the bigger picture. Sitting there, staring out to sea, thinking of all the living creatures out there that are waaaay bigger than me, and the depth and scope of the water... well, it's a nice way to clear away some of the petty worries and to realize that it's a great big world out there and I actually have it really, really good.

I called the painting, and the mermaid, Tabatha. May you look out to sea and find happy thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Tabatha's Treasures - OK - so for obvious reasons I love #13. The shop was named after my daughter Tabatha. So.....I'll be bidding on that one thanks.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog