Total Pageviews

Monday, January 24, 2011

Paint is Amazing Stuff

I love the way paint looks and feels. It can change textures, you can blend it, layer it, swirl it... it's just pretty cool stuff. Tonight's painting (Kaleidoscope) turned out pretty cool. I used red, green, yellow and blue paint, applied directly to the canvas and then sort of swirled it all together while it was spinning on the turntable. Until now I've been using a steadier hand, much like you do in pottery to throw a pot. Tonight I tried to wobble it a bit more. Just to see what would happen. I have some bulbous paint blobs with lots of intertwining colours. It appeals to me.

Chris wants me to try a sort of propeller approach with one vertical line of paint and then spread it out from there, much like the way a propeller spins. I think I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Not sure how it'll turn out, but that's all part of the plan. Not every painting is going to be a masterpiece (if any are!), but they're fun and fun is good. :) I think I must have read some Dr. Seuss today!

Thanks to the people who commented... I absolutely love the feedback! Oh, and I can't believe it but the page has over 700 views!! This is wonderful! Don't know if we'll make my goal of 1000 this month, but it's possible. Anything is possible, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog