Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 27

In honour of two wonderful boys in my life, tonight's painting is called "Mud pies". Mud, for my son, who absolutely loves the classic Sesame Street clip "Earth, Rain and Mud" where Slimey and friends make a damp rock group and their song is "Mud". Catchy lyrics include "Mmmmmmm..... UD" and "Mud, gimmie mud. Mud! Mud! Mud!" and the colour of the painting is, um, brown... my husband's favourite colour.

I tired to build up the texture for this using various browns in my paint collection. I threw in some blues as well, but by the end you can't really tell they're there. I think it's fun. Captures the kid inside. I don't know if I ever made mud pies... but I do remember my mom saying I must be a dirt magnet... that you could stand me alone in the middle of the school yard and all the dirt would jump up and land on me. I was seven or eight I think. So, I guess I must have gotten good and dirty at least once in my life. You'd hardly know it now... not so big on wallowing in swampiness. It'll be interesting to see what the painting turns out like when the paint is dry. Hopefully it won't be just a big blob!

I've done a bunch of turntable paintings in a row now, and while I enjoy it, I think I'll be happy for something different at the end of the week. :) Pictures will be up tomorrow... so can't believe it's been four weeks already! Time flies when you're having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog