Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Favourite Flower

I love daisies. Makes me a cheap flower date! I like their simplicity. At least, until you try to paint them! Today's painting is called "Growth Potential" but has nothing to do with investments. I have to give half credit to Chris for the name. He thought it looked like the lone daisy had lots of room to grow. There's a green background with a lonely little daisy in the bottom right corner. It's supposed to seem like a macro photograph of a daisy, as I love to try macro photography. I think, if I'm to be brutally honest, I need more practice with flowers! Oh hey, I have 356 more paintings to do, so I guess that practice is coming. :) No problem!

A few friends have offered up pictures from their gardens (magnificent gardeners... wish my thumbs weren't quite so brown) and some others have let me know what their favourite flowers are. So... keep those suggestions coming! Who knows, maybe you'll even like the end result.

I have an idea for tomorrow's painting too, but I won't say any more now... just let it be known that my delightful little boy and my husband are my inspirations for this one. I'll explain tomorrow.

I think something that will help me in the coming months will be a notebook. I've decided to write down all my painting ideas in a notebook as they come to me. That way I won't sit in front of an intimidating blank canvas and find my mind go just as blank. It seems like sometimes I have four or five ideas, but then when I go to start painting, they all float away. I'll write suggestions in there too... that way I know I'll get them done. There's definitely lots of opportunities for different sorts of things. I'm really enjoying this exercise and I hope it turns out the way I want it to in the end. For now, I'll go to bed with paint on my hands again and hope for lovely artsy sorts of dreams. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog