Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 30, 2011

African Savannah

One thing I'd like to do is go on a safari in Africa. Photo safari that is. Two of my aunts recently went to Tanzania and did just that. SO jealous! In a good way. :) To be honest, I have a lot of places I want to see, and things I want to do. Just thinking about them makes me very grateful that I am healthy and have lots of opportunities to actually do those things. As you know, I'm supporting the Children's Wish Foundation with this project, and so it makes me think of all the kids who have wishes and are helped by this organization. I think as human beings we are full of dreams. It makes me feel pretty good to be playing a part in helping to realize a few of those dreams. I hope you all feel good about that too! By reading this blog and supporting this year-long adventure you are helping kids. You are (hopefully) sharing this blog with your friends and thinking about the reasons why I'm doing this. Maybe it's inspiring you to do something for someone else, or to just be happier and kinder to others in your day-to-day life. I think if you start doing something good it will grow and be shared.

Anyway... pulling back from my tangent, albeit an important one, I was thinking of Africa. While I was getting ready to paint I put on an episode of The Number One Ladies' Detective Agency. Instead of painter's block I got some inspiration from some of the images of the show, which is set in Botswana. I hope I did it justice. It's definitely one of my favourite paintings so far! It's called "Savannah". I hope someday I can go there and see animals and meet people and just experience a wider scope of life than my own backyard. Always be open to possibilities and always treat others with kindness and respect.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog