Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fishies!

Tonight's painting is called P.T.A. It's four different, colourful fish having a little chat. I called it P.T.A. because, well, fish swim in schools... so, yeah. It made me smile anyway. :)

Thank you to Katherine (my mother-in-law) for the inspiration... today being her birthday I asked if she had any suggestions, and fish was the given theme. As for me, I'm a Pisces so it's so not hard for me to want to paint fish. I think I even have a painting of two koi in my son's room... but I'm keeping that one.

I looked around my "studio" aka the den in the basement... and it hit me... I've painted sixteen paintings in sixteen days. I think that's a record... for me at least! It also occurred to me that I'm going to have to come up with a much more practical method of storing these paintings. There's only so much space on my bookshelves.

An update on the Children's Wish stuff, I've completed and sent in my paperwork. Basically it just states that if I say I'm donating the net profits then I really am donating them. It's rather an appalling thought that people out there say they'll raise money and then keep it for themselves. At least I know I'm not one of them! So, now that that's done, I think I'll probably be getting a logo and links for this blog to their sites, and I think they're also going to put a link to here on their page and facebook site. So that'll be exciting. Maybe we'll get past 500 before the end of the month. :)

Someone asked me how I'm making money out of this... my response was, I'm not. Then they asked me why I was doing it... I guess I'm just doing it because I wanted a challenge and I wanted to do something beyond myself. I suppose, for my part I'm getting more painting experience, so it's not nothing... but the tangible payoff is going out to the world. I guess I hope that this will inspire others to try taking on a project like this too. Just because it's not already organized doesn't mean it can't be.

I'm not expecting the moon, but I am hoping for a glimpse of the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog