Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Nothing to block the view

Chris and I watched some Corner Gas this evening, way back to the first season. He's originally from Saskatchewan, though that doesn't have any bearing on our enjoyment of the show. :) If you haven't seen it, you should check it out. My brother-in-law shows up a few times too!

Figured I might as well use the show as inspiration for a painting. So, enter a landscape of the beautiful Prairies. With the obligatory grain silo/building of course. I called it "Summer Day" because I think it looks like a warm, sunny, cheerful day in a large open field.

I will admit, my first reaction to landing at Regina airport many years ago was definitely the omg it is seriously crazy flat! Winnipeg (the previous stop) should have been the tip-off really, but somehow I didn't think it was *really* going to be that flat. Of course... the sky views are a big part of what makes the Prairies beautiful. It's all a matter of perspective. If you get hung up looking at the ruler-edge ground, then yeah, it might seem boring. But the clouds, the sunsets, all manner of weather... very impressive. So, next time you see something you think is potentially dull, take another look from a different perspective and you just might be amazed by what you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog