Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Destination Dilemma

Evening all... well, yes, I have painted another painting. That is the goal for sure. However, that's not what is on my mind most this evening. It has occurred to me that the destination for the proceeds of the sale of the art needs to be decided on sooner rather than later. It's too murky just to say it's going to charity. It is, but I'd rather have a concrete destination. Of course, there are so many many worthwhile places to give it, it's hard to decide on just one.

I've thought about trying to keep it local, but the appeal of a larger organization is there as well. I've tried to think of just one place that would mean the most to me personally, but there are so many issues or groups that I find deserving of help that it has been difficult to make a choice.

Nationally I have The Children's Wish Foundation, MADD Canada, Kids Help Phone, the Humane Society, and the David Suzuki Foundation.
Locally, Craig's Cause, Home of the Guardian Angel, and Literacy Nova Scotia.

There are so many others and I'm sure I could make that list sooooo much longer. It's getting late though. So again, if anyone has any input I'd love to hear it.

I'm very hopeful that tomorrow's trip to the art store will find canvasses and/or support for the project. Another reason I want to get more of the details ironed out.

1 comment:

  1. Tonight's painting is my favorite so far! (update: see the picture on this blog's newest post "The End of the First Week"; it's the tree against the blue sky)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog