Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hummingbird Wings

You know how some animals and insects move so fast they blur? Chris suggested the propeller idea for a painting and so I did try it. Personally I don't know that I love it. He thinks it looks good so maybe I'm just too harsh a critic. I used cobalt blue, turquoise and gold. It's a blue base done on the wheel, then gold in the propeller idea, then I put some turquoise over top in small amounts and spun that a bit. Ended up using a dry brush to lift some excess paint to make the gold come through more again and I think that improved it somewhat. Chris said it made him think of hummingbird wings and so that is where the title "Hummingbird" comes from.

I think tomorrow I'm going to try to really thin the paint and see what I can do from there. This is definitely an adventure!

Oh, and Laura from Children's Wish posted about the project on their Facebook page, so feel free to go look at their page and see what great things are going on.

So far this year (all 24 days of it) has been full of giving and paying it forward. I think 2011 is going to be wonderful in so many ways. I hope it has been great for you too.

If anyone has suggestions for what to paint please leave a comment. I'll admit, I check regularly... ok, obsessively. ;)  Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog