Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November!!

Today is the first day of the eleventh month of the year. That means I have completed ten months of painting and have two to go. I remember the day when I had completed two months of painting and had ten to go. In a way it feels like yesterday, and in other ways it feels like years ago! It has been quite the action-packed year!

Today was a very cool day. We were doing evaluations at school for the whole day, and I'm happy to say I did pass my vitals/oxygen assessment. Phew. :) Then, this afternoon a couple of us were participants in a marketing photo shoot for the college. So much fun!! Um, I should probably mention that I'm a bit of a ham. The best part of it was that my usual partner in crime was doing the shoot too and we got to do our first impressions on real people for the shoot. SO COOL!!! Plus... since we were the only ones we had lots of help from our lovely faculty! That definitely made it less intimidating. The camera was sort of stressful, but also made it a bit surreal so it wasn't as scary. We have all been worried we'll make our partners gag on the material... but we got it done today gag-free so I think we'll be good when it comes time to do it again later.

I also had my new safety specs and they were quite the hit! One of my teachers had to ask me to start my question over because she was staring at my glasses! They're blue! And they fit SO well and I can actually SEE!! Yes, I get excited about the strangest things!

Speaking of exciting... Russian views eclipsed Canadian and American views today. So... здравствуйте and спасибо to Russia!

Tonight's painting is an 8x10 and was more reflective of my general mood this evening. Although I had a great day... my son is sick again... fever and all... and I'm worrying about him. I'm sure it's nothing major, just your regular daycare inflicted germies, but he's been sick on and off for months and it's heartbreaking. As a parent you just want the best for your kids and when they're sick on any level it's hard because for the most part there's not a whole lot you can do. Beyond the snuggles and the cuddles, occasional tylenol and dragging them off to the doctor again, we just have to try to cheer him up. I cannot imagine what a parent with a seriously ill child must go through. Now that is truly heartbreaking. And yet, so many are so strong and positive. It's inspiring.

The title for tonight is "Tears". Not so much mine per se, though I was quite upset earlier... but for all the shed and unshed tears. Maybe by putting them down in paint it'll ease someone's physical tears. Sort of like artistic karma/catharsis? Well, here's hoping anyway. Good thoughts are going out to the world, and hopefully some bad feelings are now dissipated through paint.

Hmm... that's very 'out there' even for me... must be a sign that it's bedtime! I do have a test tomorrow and I want to get some sleep before I go and write it. Here's hoping I've done enough prep!! Have a great evening and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog