Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Every Continent!!

Hello Brazil and South Korea! I think, with a viewer in Brazil, that means that this blog has been read on every continent! Woo-Hoo!! Thank you to everyone who has come to visit!!

Tonight I did a painting called "Happy Place". Given the stresses of school and selling paintings (not to mention painting them!) and all the Christmas organizing, it seemed an appropriate subject. It's also amusing to me that I painted a palm tree and tropical type beach... given that I'm allergic to the sun! Yes, Chris & I went to Mexico for our honeymoon... good times. Every single blister was worth it to swim with sea turtles!! Anyway, it's a nice way to remember that no matter how much you might want to tear our your hair and sob, you can always shut down for a minute or two and picture your very own happy place. Maybe it's a destination, a storyline from a book, the look in your child's eyes when they see you at the end of the day (pick a happy reunion day!) or whatever. If you can focus on that, or something good from that day, then it's not so bad after all.
I've taken to writing 3 Good Things as my bedtime facebook status every night. I find that even on my most stressful days, I can usually find at least three good things about the day. If that's what I'm thinking about as I sign off the computer, then I think I have a better night's sleep and a more positive attitude when I get up the next morning. Try it... it works!

Other than that... not much is new. Still hoping to have feedback and/or sales before Christmas... got my fingers crossed and a wish in to Santa that more paintings will sell and the money going to Children's Wish will grow! Good ol' Santa... hasn't let me down yet! :) So... if you still have shopping to do, maybe you should consider some art. :)

Happy Tuesday... and see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog