Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Again!

I think... and I do NOT want to jinx it... but I might be hitting some kind of stride! I really like tonight's painting too... this is strange... I guess if you practice at something you might just get a little better. Hmm... I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before. ;) Nope, not claiming any sort of "expertise"... not by a long shot... but I think, having looked back at some of the earliest paintings compared to this past week, I can see an improvement. This makes me happy! After all, if you do anything three hundred and twenty-odd times you would sincerely hope to see some evolution! So far so good this week. :)

Tonight's painting is again in a bird theme. I've called it "Little Birdies" and it is a pair of teardrop shaped birds against a night sky. I like their expressions. Who would have thought that cartoony birds would have expression? Anyway... Chris pointed a funny thing out about my bird pairs. I always paint the "boy" bird on the left. That's exactly how we sleep at  night... and sit on the couch... and watch movies at the theatre... he is always on my right, which is the left side if you're the viewer. Odd... our little eccentricities turn up in the strangest places! Mine, apparently, in paintings. We had a little chuckle about it. Oh, the size of the painting is a 5x7 board.

In other news... tomorrow night is the Eastlink spot. 7:30pm! And Coralie is going to try to send me the link once it's a youtube video. So that will get posted here as well. You can go see my adorable children. :) Also, the interview for the Chronicle Herald will happen Monday night. Not sure when it'll go in the paper... probably next week sometime. I'll post a link to that as well.

I'm thinking of more selling/fundraising opportunities... I think I'm going to try to contact the Halifax Farmer's Market and see if they'll donate a table, or at least waive the application fee. Here's hoping! I'll also try to get in touch with the Alderney Landing organizers to see if I can do something there too. I'm really crossing my fingers that we'll stay on a roll. I did a quick check of my "bookkeeping files" such as they are... and it looks as though we've raised just over $1000 so far!! Yay us! Ideally I'd like to raise over four thousand, and we've got lots and lots of paintings left to sell... not to mention the other forty or so I have yet to paint! I think we can do it. :)

Ok, test day tomorrow so I must go to bed. Hey... it's not yet eleven, look at that. Woo-hoo! Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog