Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

Interview Day

This evening was the interview with the Chronicle Herald. Thanks again to Deanne for sending a note in to the paper to let them know about this project!! It was an interesting experience. I think it would have been easier had Chris not had to work late, but ah well, that's life. We didn't make it home until just about a minute before the scheduled meeting time... so no chance to tidy up (either our living area or my painting area) and then the poor kids had to wait for supper. I felt so bad about that. My son was pretty much ok with it. He just sat on the couch and read a few of his books. My little girl, unfortunately, fell asleep on the drive home, so she wasn't overly impressed with me when she woke up in the driveway. Well, she did get over it and ended up blowing kisses and being her usual uber cute self. Dinner did get on the table shortly afterwards and the kids are happily in bed full of love and snuggles. Oh I love them SO much!!

I managed to get some homework and some painting done tonight. Wasn't sure it was going to happen, but it did. Not feeling the greatest about school stuff just at the moment, but I'm hoping that's just a little bit of stress talking and not anything serious to worry about. We shall see.

Tonight's painting is a 5x7 board called "Purple Wave". I think it'll look pretty neat in a frame. I wonder if I'm feeling overwhelmed by the things I need to do? When I stop to think about what I painted, it's a bit like a huge crashing torrent of stuff coming down. Kind of like a waterfall, or a large wave, or buckets of something being poured down. It's interesting to think of what is the reasoning behind some of the more abstract paintings. I was watching Frasier the other night and he was analyzing his dream... over analyzing really... but it makes me wonder, now, about what I might have had going through my mind at the time. Sometimes I know right off, and other times I think 'hmm... why did I paint that? what's going on here?' Now, I'm sure there are more professional painters out there who would shudder at the idea that I didn't have a plan.... but that's just how it is sometimes. In paint and in life... you just have to jump in with whatever strikes you at the time, and whatever happens, happens! I'm sure a lot of happy accidents happen that way!

Anyway... the interview will be in the Arts section sometime in the next week or so... I'll keep you posted and hopefully post a link if it's in the online version too. Very exciting!! Good  night everyone... wish me luck tomorrow... it's evaluation day again! Eep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog