Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 26, 2011

36 Days To Go

Ok, as far as I'm concerned, we're in the home stretch!! This has been such an incredible journey for me and it just keeps getting better! Five weeks left... an interview with the Chronicle Herald on Monday... and hopefully another selling day somewhere. Just have to figure out where! Any suggestions? Anyone out there want to donate some space?? :) I can hope, can't I?

Today was a good painting day... I decided to do a little work while my kids were napping instead of saving it for the evening. So, I finished today's painting, an 8x10 called "Winter White" and started tomorrow's painting of a little bird. Yup, I'm still on the bird kick. I just like them... Today's painting is a pair of trees, but they're not the twisty sort of tree. They're more like the ones I see on my drive to school in the morning. I'm not a botanist so I couldn't tell you what kind of tree they are, but all the branches point up to the sky, and of course, this time of year they don't have any leaves. In the morning, against the sunrise, the branches are in silhouette. For the painting I decided to do the background in more night like colours, and the tree in white. I carved away the paint first, then filled it in with white paint. I wasn't entirely sure I liked it, but Chris came down and saw it and he said he liked it... so maybe it is ok. After all, there were a few others that I wasn't fond of, but they got good feedback at the craft show. Perhaps I'm not the best judge at times. ;)

Anyway... it's late and my little guy is sick (he woke up a little while ago) so I should get going. Who knows what tomorrow morning will bring. Probably another trip to the doctor's office. Happy thoughts... he's probably just fine... but he's had more fevers in the past three months than he has in his whole life. Gotta love daycare I guess! Well, good night and happy start to week 48!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog