Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Awesome Day!!!

In case you're not already aware, today was the air date for the interview I did with Olga Milosevich at CBC Radio. It was a strangely surreal experience to hear my own voice on the radio! I think I did ok... :) Anyway, imagine my shock when I got home this evening and logged on to see my email and check the blog... last night I was excited to be nearing 6200 views... tonight I was over 6300!! There were about 130 page views just today! Plus... a reader heard the interview and very kindly shared her story and comment on one of the recent posts. I find that so motivating... to hear stories about real people who have benefited from Children's Wish. It makes me think that this project really can make a difference! I welcome anyone with stories to share them, either here as a comment, or send me an email: joanne.arbuthnott@yahoo.ca
Also, another person sent me an email saying she heard the interview and would like to speak to me more about it, possibly including it on a segment for television. More details as they develop...
It was a VERY exciting day!!

In painting news... I did a painting called "Twilight in the Trees". It's two swirly trees with a pink sky and green grass. Both the pink and green have a gentle fade in colour gradation, and the trees are black. I am rather fond of it... I think it looks pretty neat. The title is probably inspired by my friend who I gave a ride home to... she is very excited about the new Twilight movie coming out. Me... well, I'll wait for it to be on video, but the word 'twilight' is pretty and evocative, so it ended up coming out in tonight's painting. It is also a 5x7 board.

In school type news, I passed my evaluations today!! Yay! And... I have another test tomorrow... so I really ought to be in bed already, but I couldn't help sharing my news with you all. It's exciting times and I want to thank everyone for their help and support. I think this project is changing my life... and I hope it can spread some happy in the world!

So... good night... and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog