Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 17, 2011

On CBC Again!!

Olga Milosevich called me today just as I was pulling out of my space in the school's parking lot. Of course I pulled over and took the call... it's Olga. :) So, she was letting me know that the shorter version of the interview was going on the air in the next five minutes! Immediately, I turned on the radio and listened for it. :) It is so weird to hear my own voice on the radio!! It was pretty great though... to know that quite likely lots of people would be tuned in on their drive home, or at work, and they'd hear about my project. Yay! I can't thank her enough for the opportunity to share with her and CBC listeners. The response has been really amazing and hopefully it will just keep growing.

Speaking of responses... I received another email today from someone who had heard the interview. She had some excellent suggestions for ways I could continue or expand on this idea. I think I will explore them further... but it could be very cool! I also got to participate in a tv filming session at the school in our dental clinic. This is for "The 'fax" on Eastlink TV. Wow are my teachers super supportive!! It's the first bit of classtime I've missed so far, and while I felt guilty for missing it, and a little awkward at being filmed... it is going to be great for the project and media exposure! So, thank you to everyone involved today! Oh, and an extra bonus, I sold a painting!! Now I have to remember to bring it in to school tomorrow. I have a note written down on my portable note paper.

Portable note paper = the back of my hand

It works!

Tonight I finally finished "Playtime". It's a 5x7 canvas and it's a picture of a parent and child playing lego together. I started it awhile ago while watching my husband and son make structure after structure with the colourful blocks. Our cat was enjoying her front row seat, and I was sketching the two of them on the floor. I had made the background kind of complicated, as it was based on our den/playroom, and so I guess I got a little intimidated and had paused. Tonight though, maybe I was buoyed by the page views, or filming sesion, or listening to the spot on the radio... who knows, but I finally felt comfortable with finishing it off. I really like the way it turned out and I think Chris was pleased too. It's always nice when you hear someone say they like your art!

I may have mentioned this before, but I've never professed to be a wonderful artist... strictly amateur and for mostly mine and my family's enjoyment... but this year has been great for practicing and experimenting... and if people like something enough to buy it and so donate to a wonderful charitable organization, then who am I to argue? I love that people are on board with my choice and that everyone is so supportive. It's a great feeling!

Anyway... it's late (again, who would have thought?) and tomorrow is "Professional Day" so it might be good to not have bags under my eyes... translation: must go to bed. Good night and see you tomorrow for picture day. I believe it's week 46? Maybe 47? Hmm... guess I'd better check that! I have my notebook around here somewhere.... Well, good night anyway... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog