Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Another Great Day!

The past few days have been wonderful!! I'm enjoying the opportunities that have come up to share this project with more and more people... and I've been happy with the paintings too! I wonder if my mood influences my painting? :)

This morning's test went really well... so that is always a good way to start a day! After that, it was a pretty good day at school with some phone tag between myself and a local journalist who is interested in this project. Finally got a chance to properly talk this evening (sorry, I know I talk way too much!!) and hopefully we can work out the details and I'll have some more interesting and exciting news soon!

Tonight's painting is a 5x7 board and I've called it "Bluebirds" because it's a pair of birds that I've painted blue. I seem to be on a bird kick and I have absolutely no idea why! These two are the same shape as the red ones from a few nights ago... because I liked their shape so much... but they're turquoise and I changed some of the tail feathers. They're still sort of cartoony... but I like that style. I've never been much for painting real things... for that, I'd rather take a photograph. I like the more abstracted suggestion of the thing. Well, I guess you all know that from looking at the pictures!!

I'm getting pretty excited about this weekend... but a little nervous too! I left a message for the organizer of the Porter's Lake show to see what time I can start loading stuff in... but I didn't hear back. I guess if all else fails I can try to arrange to drop stuff off Friday night with my friend. I don't want to give her extra work though! She has been so wonderful to be helping me at all!! Believe me... I am VERY grateful. I think this is the kind of thing where an I.O.U. just doesn't quite cut it. Now, fudge and an I.O.U. maybe ;) We'll see... I'm sure I can return her kindness and generosity somehow. Hopefully I'll hear from the organizer tomorrow and all will be well. I know I can get into the Cole Harbour Place early enough on Saturday morning... so that's not too stressful.

My parents are going to come too!! That makes me very happy as well. I know all of our family would probably come, but we're sort of spread out around the country. It's a pretty big country too. I just want to say thanks again to everyone who has been so supportive and amazing through this process. I'm getting mushier and mushier as the end of the year draws near... so you may have to put up with a lot of thank yous... but really, if you had any idea just how much this project has come to mean to me, you'd understand.

I was asked some questions today about why I'm doing this... it has really been an evolution. I started sort of on a whim really... just a crazy idea on paper in a few minutes of brainstorming ideas for a blog/project... and now, here we are, mid-November and seeing everything come together and knowing that it really is going to help bring some positive light into life... well, I can't speak for everyone, but it's about one of the best feelings I think I've ever had. This project has made me expand what I think of as volunteering, how I feel about charitable giving, and it has given me motivation to continue with new projects in the future. Though, according to Chris I'm not allowed to think about new projects until I'm all done with school! We'll see...

Anyway... once again it's getting quite late... so goodnight and see you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog