Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

Media Blitz!

I will admit it... I'm feeling a little overwhelmed all of a sudden with the attention that is coming on. Most of the year I felt a bit like I was talking to a very small group and just hoping somehow, magically, this whole adventure would just take off. Now it is! As soon as I had some craft show dates I sent out a second email to some media people. CBC noticed and did a radio interview. Apparently a whole lot of people listen to CBC! Then, "the 'fax" on Eastlink TV heard the interview and wanted to do a spot (this Thursday, channel 10, 7:30pm). Now, thanks to some supportive friends, the Chronicle Herald has sent me an email expressing an interest in an interview! This is so wonderful!!!

I would also like to let you all know that ACAD now has a Facebook page. Just search for it and it should be pretty easy to find. I've uploaded the weekly galleries (lots!) and will continue to update it over the next few days. I still have to update the catalogue on here, but I promise to do so by Friday at the latest. I do, after all, have school to work on! :)

I finished up last night's painting and started one for tonight. I didn't get to painting until a little after 9pm so unfortunately I was falling asleep at the easel, so to speak, so I had to stop before I was finished tonight's too. It's another little owl... I like owls. I called it "Clementine" because it's a little orange owl. She's sleepy, like me. :) I'll finish her up tomorrow night and hopefully get back on track! It's so easy to keep slipping once you start, but I refuse. Yup, you can call me stubborn... I'll accept that. Oh... and it's on a 4x4 canvas, much like many of the little animals... the hippos, monkeys, etc. I really like that size and I like the thickness of the wood frame. Something about the size and shape of the canvas really appeals to me from a visual and a tactile perspective. I don't think I'm alone either!

Anyway... evaluations in the morning and more studying to do... so bedtime for now! Thanks everyone for all of your wonderful and amazing support. I couldn't appreciate it more if I tried! Good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog