Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 12, 2011

First Craft Show!!

Thanks to my friends who dropped by to see me, and buy some paintings. You guys are great and I really enjoyed the company. A very adorable little girl around my son's age gave me a sticker after I gave her one of the Children's Wish ones. I wore it on my hand all day... hurt a bit to take it off, but it was so worth it!

Overall the craft show was a good time. I sold four paintings and raised $100. I think I've learned a few things for next weekend!! I did take some pictures with my phone, and there was a photographer from Snap there, though he didn't get my name so I'm going to assume we won't appear in the paper. I used to volunteer for Snap and we always got names. Got to chat with some lovely ladies around me and was sorely tempted to buy slippers and pjs for Gavin, and and and. I did succumb to a very cute little crocheted duck as it was an exceptionally good price! I was quite chilly... the gym had a door directly to the outside, and there wasn't any heat on, so it did make for a somewhat uncomfortable time temperature wise... but I won't complain too much as I was happy to be there! Plus, I got asked back for next year so that's pretty flattering. :) Lots of compliments on the vivid colours and the cute little animals, and lots of people took the cards Chris made with the blog address on it, so who knows? Maybe some more people will want to make an offer on a painting.

Tonight we went on a date to do some Christmas shopping without the little ones in tow. By the time we got home a little after ten, I so didn't want to paint! By that point I thought, I've seen enough paint today... but then I must have gotten a second wind because I did do one. I went with a suggestion/request one of the other vendors had today. I enlarged a painting I did around the time of my brother-in-law's wedding and made the background a bit more interesting. I really like the way it turned out! I haven't named it yet because I fell asleep shortly after I finished painting. Chris was watching the latest Rocky movie and I pretty much conked out. Probably should have gone to bed... but stayed sleeping on the couch. Now it's almost 1:30am and I do not know how my eyes are still open, nevertheless fingers typing! So... I will update the catalogue tomorrow and name today's painting, and all will be good. :) Hmm... I guess I will do those things 'today'... just after I've  had some sleep!

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog