Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Observation Day

Today was not a school day in the sense of being on campus in the class or the clinic/lab. Today we had a "study day" and it was intended for us to go out into the community and spend an observation day at a dental practice. I was very fortunate that my dentist allowed me to come to his practice today. Without getting too gushy, let's just say that I was so impressed with my dentist and his team that even after we moved from Halifax over to Dartmouth we decided to remain patients with his practice rather than find a dentist closer to home. I think it's worth the drive! So... I was pretty excited to get the opportunity to spend some time with the team. I also really like the dental assistant there. She's great. In fact, she's part of the reason I wanted to do dental assisting. I had a bit of a hard time with my wisdom teeth extraction and she helped me stay (relatively) calm and I think in general the whole experience was easier because of her. She also made me feel better afterwards when I felt like a dolt for weeping (it wasn't crying so much as eyes leaking due to stress). So... I figured, why not try to do the same for some other people? Plus... teeth are cool. Anyway... I had a great day today so thanks to all of you!

I decided to paint tonight's painting to reflect my experience today. I borrowed the office logo and painted "Bridge". I hope they won't mind! I really like the way it turned out. It's a 5x7 board.

In other news... craft shows are approaching!! I'll be at the Kris Kringle Pancake Breakfast & Christmas Craft Show at the North Woodside Community Centre this Saturday from 9am to 2pm. Many many thanks to Chris for helping me get ready for this show! I honestly do not know what I'd do without that man! So, if you're local, come by and check things out. And hey... there are pancakes! I'm a waffle girl myself, but whatever floats your breakfast boat. ;)

So... here we are... almost to the end of the 45th week, craft shows are starting, the CBC interview airs next week, and I'm getting very excited! This is definitely the time to start sharing this blog with everyone so we can raise lots of money for the Children's Wish Foundation. Wouldn't a painting make a great Christmas present? Especially when you can tell the recipient that the money raised from the sale is going to such a worthwhile cause? It's like two gifts in one!

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day... so take a moment and reflect and say thank you... Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog