Total Pageviews

Friday, November 25, 2011

Week 47 Has Arrived!

Well hello out there! I think over the past week another three or four new countries have popped up on the map. Off the top of my head I think I can safely say hello to the Philippines, Serbia, and Armenia! As well as to all the other wonderful people who are taking part in this adventure. This is so wonderful I cannot thank you all enough for being supportive and involved!

Tonight I finished up yesterday's painting (didn't get to paint last night, was too busy studying like a madwoman) and called it "Creative Flow". It's inspired by the business card of another crafter. She creates unique, and named, sock puppets with very cool buttons, sock clothing (hats, scarves, etc), and button jewelry. I just had to buy a bracelet from her because it was just too cool and I'd been drooling over it most of the day! If you're looking for a fun and unique gift this holiday season, check out Balian's Sock Drawer... I know she's on Facebook. It's pretty cool stuff. Anyway, her business card is green with swirlies on it. I love it. It's right up my personal preference alley. So, it was the inspiration for that painting. I think with a frame it'll look extra sharp. Oh, I should also mention that it is a mix of green paints, then I carved out the swirls and let it dry overnight. Tonight I added the white to make it pop more.

Also tonight, I did tonight's painting. Thanks to encouragement from friends, I've decided to enlarge my tree painting to an 8x10 canvas. I stuck with one tree, but did blow it up. I even added some pink to the sunrise since I've been seeing some amazing skies the last week or so on our commute to work/school/daycare. So beautiful! I'll bet if more people looked around them in the morning instead of whining about how early they have to get up, they'd feel a whole lot better about starting their day! I called tonight's painting "Branch Out". It's fun to experiment with a similar design and tweaking it a litle, changing the colours etc. It's an adventure to be sure!

Anyway... here are this week's paintings... and hey, it's not yet eleven... so I'm on a roll!

P.S. Quick personal note, we had a presentation today by a local orthodontist... I SO want to work with him!! The more I think about dentistry, the more I like the idea of getting into ortho. The before and after and how it affects a person's life... well that just works for me for sure! Here's hoping...

Ok, the paintings... Enjoy! I can't believe it's only five more weeks!

November 19 - Little Ladies
November 20 - I Hoo
November 21 - Clementine
November 22 - Twisty Trees (a personal favourite!)
November 23 - Little Birdies
November 24 - Creative Flow
November 25 - Branch Out

1 comment:

Search This Blog