Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Very Successful Weekend!!

I think, and I haven't done a full and complete tally, but a quick money count and painting check makes me think that between the two shows and a donations box on my table, the little project that could has raised almost $500 and sold 35 paintings!! With a few more on reserve from recent blog views! :) Yay!!

Many many thanks are owed to Trina and Jessie for running the Porter's Lake show. I can't believe they gave their weekend to this project! Very generous and giving people and I am very grateful! Also, thanks to Chris for doing all the parenting at our place so I could go to Cole Harbour Place all weekend! Boy oh boy did I miss my kids!! I'd also like to say hello and thanks to the vendors on either side of me. I really liked getting to meet them and chat this weekend. I think I'm probably getting a little hooked on the whole crafting thing! I'm already starting to brainstorm new ideas for next year!! I know Honey, not until after I'm done school...

I'm also really pleased to hear all the feedback from the shows. It would seem that people like the paintings and really like the idea. So, hopefully it will inspire some others do try something in their own life that will benefit others. Every little bit counts!

Anyway... tonight I did paint... I had done a few doodles over the weekend and I selected a pair of owls as tonight's painting. It is on a 5x7 board and I left a bit of a margin for framing. That's one thing I've sort of learned from this project, it's that I can't really paint all the way to the edge of the boards and expect the whole image to show up once framed! As for tonight, I called it, at Chris's suggestion, "I Hoo". I should mention the owls are getting married! So, instead of I Do, it's I Hoo. I thought it was cute. :)

I have many bird paintings planned, and some interesting designs. I think the next few weeks should be pretty interesting! As of tonight I have 324 paintings!! Mind you, I've sold around fifty, so here's hoping that keeps up. Anyone with a Secret Santa gift at work? Why not do some 'ethical giving'? :)

Hope everyone had as enjoyable weekend as I did! Happy Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog