Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Hallowe'en!!

Ok, first things first... the Hallowe'en cuteness was on total overload at my house tonight!! Oh.. my... gosh... I do so love my children! Oh, and the kids who came to the door were pretty darn cute too. :) No shortage of adorable tonight!

The funny thing is... we have a TON of candy left over. We were thinking we didn't have enough and almost bought an extra bag when I stopped into the grocery store to pick up my snazzy new prescription safety glasses (yay they came in!!). Luckily, we didn't buy any more! I think we probably missed the bulk of the kids when we took ours out. Last year I stayed home with our daughter who was too young to go. This year we really wanted to go together. Us gals came home halfway through the street, but only had two visitors while the boys finished up. Still... it was nice to see the neighbourhood kids come by. Lots of interesting and unique costumes too. I especially liked the Mario costume. Made me think of the theme song all night!

My daughter went as a caterpillar, and my son was a pumpkin. I think they both liked their costumes and I'm pretty sure they'll be going into the dress-up box for more fun.

Tonight's painting is called "Trick-or-Treat" and is a 5x7 (I think) canvas. It's three pumpkins sitting together in Hallowe'en fashion. I think it turned out pretty well. Oh, and I put an extra touch or two on last night's painting. Chris said he liked it before... but that it is good now too. Phew.

I can't believe it's November tomorrow!! Where does the time go?? Part of me is very excited to be nearing the end of the year... and the other part is a little sad that I won't have this nightly activity to focus on and keep me thinking and writing about stuff. Even if what I write is sometimes tangential and convoluted! Maybe I'll have to start another project/blog... but Chris has forbidden me to even think of such a thing until school is over! You know... he just might have a point. ;)

Speaking of school... I have an evaluation tomorrow and a LOT of studying to do for the two tests this week. This weekend and tonight were pretty much write offs in terms of studying. I did finish up my homework, but wow... do I ever need to do some major prep! I think I'll confine myself to a study space tomorrow and just giv'er. Anyone who cares to join me is more than welcome! Just in case some of the dental gals are reading. :)

Ok... well, Happy Hallowe'en! Happy end of October... and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog