Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Science Test Tomorrow

So you know what that means... I didn't get to paint tonight. Ugh. I don't like these nights... but what are you going to do? There has to be a balance and priorities and general sanity retention. So... tonight the painting was the thing to give. Here's hoping all the studying and card making pays off!! :)

I did go downstairs to look at the paintings though... I find that sometimes when I'm feeling like I haven't been accomplishing as much as I'd like to, it's good to take inventory of what I have done. With this project it's a tangible amount of work! I can look around my basement and see the boxes of paintings and the last two months or so on the bookshelves waiting for their boxes. It's a crazy feeling to see it all and think, wow... I did all of those. So that part does feel good. :)

On the flip side, I then usually start to get stressed out thinking about how I'm going to actually sell all of them! Oh my... I think I may have to rope my husband into this thing and delegate some phone calling to him! Then, once I get a few dates sorted out I think I'm going to send out another barrage of emails to local media with actual dates, times and locations in hopes that it'll peak their interest a bit more. It can't hurt right?

I've also decided that this project is going to be the subject of my oral presentation for my communications class at school. It's a five to ten minute presentation on a hobby or interest... something like that. So... why not this? I'm always happy to share the idea with people and any and all support and exposure is good as far as I'm concerned. So... toward the end of the year I will be standing in front of my classmates and telling them all about A Canvas A Day. Pretty exciting!

I hope to catch up tomorrow... but I have another test on Friday so I might have to do my catch up then. Fingers crossed! Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog