Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lasagna & Lighthouses

One of our friends is in town (surprise!) so we had him over for homemade lasagna tonight. I like visiting, and I like an excuse to make lasagna! So, we had a lovely evening and I think my son really enjoyed seeing Stefan again. It's too bad the whole family couldn't be here, but they are overseas and hopefully having a good time!

My day was long again... but good. We did our first impressions today (of teeth, not people) and it went pretty well. I didn't finish mine early enough today so I won't get to see the end result until the morning, but I guess an exercise in patience wouldn't hurt! I'm not so good at waiting. ;)

Then tonight I painted. I ended up calling a classmate/friend back as well and I asked her what I should paint tonight. She suggested a lighthouse. I guess it's a pretty safe bet that someone out there might buy a painting of a lighthouse to give to someone as a Christmas gift. I did it as if it was late evening, the sky is turning a deeper purple-blue and the stars are just starting to peek out. It's on a 5x7B and I think it's ok.

Thinking about Christmas... I'm planning to make cards of some kind to include with the paintings that give a brief description of the project, a link to this blog, and a special thank you note for their donation to Children's Wish. I think including that with a Christmas present (or birthday, or whatever) makes it just that much more meaningful. Friends of ours have given us Christmas cards from (I think) Plan Canada saying that instead of a physical gift they have donated money on our behalf. I think that's a fantastic idea! So, the painting plus little card is sort of a combination of regular gift giving plus knowing that the gift was bought with the money going to Children's Wish. I think that would be extra nice to see. So... I will get to work on that as well.

There is an addition to the blog. I have added a list of craft shows that I hope to be attending. The Porter's Lake one is confirmed, the other two are all but confirmed. I have to pay, but they are aware that I'm very interested so it should be fine.

I've also updated the catalogue to the best of my late-night knowledge. I will double check again tomorrow, but I think that's correct. I know there are a few people who have said they'd like to reserve a painting and I haven't had confirmation, so if you're reading and that includes you, please feel free to get in touch with me by email: joanne.arbuthnott@yahoo.ca and we can see how it stands. Oh, you may have noticed my email has changed. I'm attempting to slowly switch over from my original email address. Yup, I made the other one when I was 18. I think I will miss it when it's finally gone... like a little bit of early internet history for me. However, my last name is different and I am definitely not 18 anymore! Given that I'm making a new resume I guess it's about time I tried to sound a little more professional.

One last unrelated tangent before I tuck myself in... one of my instructors today was commenting on her son's addiction to Angry Birds, but more so on his ability to use a computer tablet. It is incredible what small children can learn!! Also, how much the world has changed in such a short time. We didn't even have computers in our homes when I was 3. Nor did we have cell phones, mobile internet, texting... all of the things that so many youths see as mainstream. I'm not particularly old or anything... but wow! When you think back even 15 years there have been amazing technological advances (not all of them good). I wonder what the next decade will bring. Here's hoping some good choices will be made.

Ok... I'm now going to bed... I don't even think I have the energy to google Angry Birds. Maybe in all of my spare time tomorrow. ;)  Nighty-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog