Total Pageviews

Friday, October 7, 2011

40 Weeks - Picture Time!

So... hard work pays off... I did well on my tests, got a little behind on the painting... but got all caught up tonight. I'll admit that the paintings aren't the great works of art I'd like them to be... but five in a night is tough. I'm not sure I have enough ideas for that many in one night! I do think they'll look pretty cool in a frame though. Interesting colours and texture effects. :)

So, they are... "Underwater Mystery" mostly texture in turquoise. "Sun Spots" in honour of the cold weather the past two days. Luckily we did get to change classrooms today so the triple layers I had on were not entirely necessary. I got down to only one hoodie by the end of the day! Next is "The Small Things"... a purple washy background with three tiny daisies in the corner. Reminds me to remember all the small good things when life is starting to mush together and get a little intense. After that, "Little Green Men" because tiny green aliens are great, and this one is up close and personal. Finally, "Prehistoric Shadows" which was actually made in conjunction with "Underwater Mystery" if you look closely. It got its title because when I painted in the white space with black paint it made me think of skeletal shapes of dinosaurs.

So... five weeks of school done... what a ride. I think I can be pretty pleased with how I've done so far. Seems worth the sacrifices to get there. And... I'm really looking forward to a weekend spent playing with my kids instead of having to study study study. Don't get me wrong, there will be some studying... two tests next week... but at least it won't be quite like the past month. I kinda miss the little guys!

Without further ado... here are this week's paintings:


October 1 - Muse

October 2 - Queasy

October 3 - Underwater Mystery

October 4 - Sunspots

October 5 - The Small Things
October 6 - Little Green Men
October 7 - Prehistoric Shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog