Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 22, 2011

SO EXCITED!!!

Wow! WOW!!!

Ok, the back story first...

A few years ago I worked for the Multicultural Association of Nova Scotia as the Assistant Artistic Director for the Multicultural Festival. That, in and of itself was an amazing experience and I met some pretty incredible people. One of whom is the lovely Olga Milosevich. She was the MC for the festival so I got to spend some time backstage chatting with her, and we sort of kept in touch and bumped into one another over the following years. Anyway, as it turns out, Olga works for CBC and hosts the arts show Connections. Here is a link for her page at CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/programguide/personality/olga_milosevich

I decided the other day to send out another couple of emails now that I actually have a concrete date/place to sell some paintings. I thought, maybe this would be more interesting rather than just news of this project's existence. Well, luck was with me... Olga was at work today and saw my email! She gave me a call this afternoon and we've got plans to do an  interview about this project!! SOOO excited!

So... things are starting to come together a bit more. Plus... my lovely husband got to work today making something to display the paintings. He's a great guy! He's still recovering so he didn't get to finish as much as I think he wanted to, but what he did do is great and I appreciate his help so much! So, to my currently sleeping husband, thank you!!

Now... on to tonight's painting... I did another little monkey face because, well, let's face it, I love monkeys! The first one turned out pretty well so I did another one with a different expression and I switched up the colours. I can't wait to put all of them together at the show and see what happens. Here's hoping! It's a 4x4 canvas as well... I'm trying to stick with a theme and a size for now. Keep it going as long as it is working!

I can't tell you how excited I am right now, and how grateful I am to all of the people who are supporting me through this! There are a lot of people and you make me so happy! The last few weeks have been a bit tough, but we're making it work! I think the final ten weeks are going to be a wonderful whirlwind and I hope we raise a ton of money for Children's Wish!!

And now I'm going to bed... all that excitement... whew! :) Have a great night and a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog