Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

More Good News!

Well, it would seem like the little project that could really can! If my information is correct, and it likely is since it came from someone who would know these things, the interview I'm scheduled to do with CBC is going to be on Information Morning as well as Main Street. Yay! I believe it will air on November 11th and during the following week as well as being available on the CBC Radio website. So... lots of opportunity to check it out!

Now I have to hope I don't make a hash of it! :)

Not too much else is new in my world... my first attempt at an impression/model of Dexter's teeth turned out pretty well so that's good. Oh... and we had a visitor today from a toothbrush/toothpaste/etc maker who gave the whole class a ton of samples! I don't think we'll have to buy anything for quite awhile... plus... I won a fancy electric toothbrush in a draw! I never win in draws... I almost bought a 649 ticket but then figured I'd used up my good luck for the next month or so. So... good times!

Tonight's painting... I've had this one sketched out on a piece of paper for awhile but didn't want to do it on a 4x4 canvas because I didn't think it would fit properly. So... tonight I did it on a 5x7 board. It's called "Sunny Frolic" and it is a cute little rhino (much like the cartoony head from last week) only with a body. It's romping through the sunshine. I like him... I think he should be a stuffed toy animal. Too bad I'm not so handy with a sewing machine or I'd give it a go!

I've started thinking about Christmas already... shouldn't really do that before we've had Hallowe'en... life gets too rushed by the stores I don't need to do it to myself! But... in this case, it wouldn't hurt to start early. I have suggested to my husband's family that we attempt a green Christmas this year. Green in the sense that we minimize the buying, do some recycling of stuff, create some gifts, that kind of thing. Oh, and I'm refusing to buy even a lick of wrapping paper! So since we're shooting for this I kind of want to start present making early. When I'll fit that in to my schedule I do not know! I will find a way... I'm stubborn like that. ;) It's an interesting idea and I encourage others to think about it too. Half the time we don't need the stuff we buy and most people would agree that the holiday is far too commercialized as it is. If you do buy stuff, why not check out the craft shows and farmers markets and support the individual over the corporation? You never know what treasures you might find.

Ok, I'll hop off my soapbox  now and go to bed. Try as I might I never seem to get to bed before 11:30. Sigh... this should make for an interesting morning! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog