Total Pageviews

Monday, October 10, 2011

Sunday Night, Post Turkey


I think, upon a quick bit of reflection, that Thanksgiving isn't technically until tomorrow... but I'm pretty sure most people gather to munch birdie today. It's just easier... lets you sleep off that "turkey coma". Oh, and it isn't really related to the turkey so much as the huge amount of food we all seem to eat. I kept it to one helping and one slice of pie this year. Trying to skinny it up a little... and don't like that uncomfortable overfull feeling. Anyway... we went up to my parents' house for dinner this year. My poor wee girl is teething and was obviously in quite a bit of pain. She screamed (not cried... but screamed) the whole hour and a half up there. Oy. But... she cheered up a lot when we got there and the kids played outside quite happily for the afternoon. With no nap this was indeed a pleasant surprise. I kind of figured we were getting set up for a nightmare! She didn't eat any supper really... think that was a combo of uncomfy gums and overtiredness. Slept the whole way home... but then again, so did I! Poor Chris... after we passed Truro he was the only conscious one in the car! I am thankful that he doesn't fall asleep while driving!

After we got home and popped the two little ones into bed, it was time to paint. So... I finished up last night's painting and called it "Serengeti" (my apologies if that's spelled wrong... I'll probably go double check tomorrow)... and tonight's painting is a 5x5 emoticon type painting called "Whistle". My mom even said she liked this little series I've got going. Might even buy one. I figure it's great office stress relief!

Otherwise... just going to do some school work tomorrow and maybe go for a walk in the park with the family. I tried to do some work in the car today and it didn't go so well. Studying while your child is screaming and crying is not so easy! I did manage to sort of cheer her up in the last ten minutes or so of the drive. Sigh.

So... what is everyone thankful for this year? I'm thankful for my family... the opportunity to go to school and get an education... all of our health... and that I can do this project. Thanks as always to Chris who is so supportive and my best friend. I hope you all had a great turkey dinner and made some time to reflect on what it is about this past year that you are thankful for. I'm sure there's more than you initially think! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog