Total Pageviews

Friday, December 2, 2011

Week 48!! Picture Time!

Today was a pretty good day. I did my oral presentation on this project and I think it was pretty well received. I did get lots of requests and suggestions for paintings so that's fantastic. After 11 months of painting I'm running a little low on creativity! I'll admit, I do like sharing this project with people because I'm proud of it. I think it's a good way to volunteer on your own terms... especially since I used to be a volunteer doula and had to pause that with the two small kids. It's pretty hard to drop everything to attend a birth when you have two little people who need to be looked after! I do hope that I can get back into it after I'm working... if the boss is down with it. :)

Otherwise, I took my son out to the Bulk Barn to do a little ingredient shopping. One of the presentations today was about home made granola bars. They were fantastic and looked fairly easy to do. So I copied down the recipe (with permission) and decided to make some. I was hoping to go Christmas shopping, but I'll do that tomorrow instead. :) So, my son and I went for a little outing together. I really like getting a chance to have mom & son time. Don't get me wrong, I love all forms of quality time with any and all divisions of my family, but he and I get a bit less time than we used to. It was just the two of us for so long... Anyway, the boy impresses me to no end with all his reading in that store. I swear he likes to just read the signs over every food bin. Very cute! When we got home he calmly and seriously informed his Dad about what we bought. Sultana raisins Daddy... (instead of Thompson, which he smelled and pronounced them "Ick") I made the bars with dried cranberries (Chris doesn't like raisins) and chocolate chips. Thanks to Ashley for the recipe... I will be making them often!! MMM-mmm!

Hmm... on to tonight's painting... I did a 4x4 canvas and called it "Hypnosis". Sometimes I think I need a dose of hypnosis myself to get through everything that needs to get done! Maybe I could hypnotize myself? Who knows... at any rate... this is a painting that oddly enough was inspired by an Avon catalogue (I think?) that was hanging around the house. There was a neat scarf in there with swirly patterns. So, I sort of started from there and used colours that I like, and when I was all done I was turning it around in my hand and at one point I thought it almost looked like a Picasso-inspired face. So from there I was thinking of angry hypnotized people. I called it "Hypnosis" so it could be left open to interpretation...

One of the questions I got from my presentation today was if the paintings had stories behind them. I think I said yes, mostly, and I guess that's true. I figure there has to be a reason for painting something... whatever it may be!

Anyway, I should get on to posting the pics so I can go to bed. It's nearing midnight in my neck of the world. Oh, the page views are up over 7400 so YAY!! I can just feel the happy spreading around. It makes me smile! So, keep it coming, share with your friends, I'm hoping we can hit 10,000 by the end of the month. What do you think? Doable?? Only with your help! So here is week 48... Enjoy!

November 26 - Winter White
November 27 - Birdseed
November 28 - Purple Wave
November 29 - Happy  Place
November 30 - Windows
December 1 - Daisy Deco
December 2 - Hypnosis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog