Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Woo-Hoo! 7500!

I just LOVE it when the numbers spike way up in a few hours!! Thanks to everyone in all the corners of the world who popped by today. Hmm... corners on a globe? Who came up with that expression? Well, at any rate I think today there were viewers in Canada, the US, Russia, Germany, Sweden, and the Philippines. Very cool!

Tonight's painting was a challenge! I did a friend's dog as a gift for her parents. Just in case anyone related reads this I'll keep the details vague. I didn't do it cartoony... my usual style of choice... but instead attempted a somewhat realistic depiction. Well, with an pattern in the background, and it's only the dog's head... but you get the idea! It was a challenge because I kept trying to get the contouring and colours right without it looking very odd. Finally I got the shadows dark enough to provide contrast. Still not sure I got the pup's colouring quite right, but I gave it my best shot. Even tried to get the dentition (teeth) right. Otherwise it could be just any dog of a similar breed. Might as well try to make it look a bit like *that* dog. :)

Anyway, I will be showing her a picture of it tomorrow (paint has to dry thoroughly) so we'll see what she thinks.

In other news... my little boy is continuing to test the limits of our patience. He is back to smacking things when he's frustrated. Occasionally he tries to smack me. There will be none of that. I have a zero tolerance policy for hitting of any kind. There's just no need of it. So, we had some trying moments today... but we got through. He's such a wonderful kid... I can't stay upset with him for too long, but he's not getting me to cave in to him either. After all, he comes by his stubbornness honestly! My little girl might, and I do say Might, be getting her mandibular lateral incisors at looooong last. The girl turned 18 months old today (a year and a half already???) and she's only got four teeth across the top and two on the bottom! I try to comfort myself with the idea that if they're not in her mouth they're not getting plaque and bacteria on them. That thought goes only so far. She has been using her new word lately too... "no" Good times. Love them both to bits though... more than all the stars in the sky.

Well, to bed with me... it'll be a busy week this week. Hmm... and next week... so I guess sleep is a good thing. I think I'll be at school a bit later this week to work on homework. I tried to download the software I need for my assignments but it just wouldn't work for me. At least I know they have it on the school computers. Wish me luck this week... I'll do my best to stay on top of everything. :) Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog