Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Excitement City!

So... school is done for 2011! It felt a little weird to just be able to paint tonight... no studying to do, no reading to get done, no evaluations to stress over... just me, my canvas, paints and a bunch of brushes. It felt weird, but oh so good!

Don't get me wrong... I actually really love school. I enjoy the environment, the learning, and the people. Buuuut... it's also nice to take a breather and enjoy Christmas with my family without work!

I did go to the walk-in clinic today... my throat was (is) still sore and there was some white-ish spots so that's usually a warning sign that strep throat may have moved in. Oh indeedy. The doc's expression was nearly priceless! I think he said something along the lines of "Oh! Yup... that's strep alright." while backing away a bit. Must have been pretty obvious. I don't mind... no throat swab of doom needed. :) Plus, now I have some lovely antibiotics. Bring on the feeling better!

Tonight's painting is called "Sunset Branches" and is an 8x10 tree painting. So many people have asked about the trees that I thought I ought to do a few more! I love them... and it seems like they're popular... so why not?

I also thought I should do a bit of an update... so far there have been 148 paintings sold (I may have missed one or two, so bear with me) and 22 are on 'reserve'. So that leaves 195 still to sell! I haven't done the money count yet, but I'd wager it's up over two thousand by now. Probably on its way to 3000! Here's hoping! I'd love love LOVE to get it up over four thousand. That would make me so very happy!

Oh, and CTV is coming over tomorrow morning to do an interview! I think Jill, the reporter, said it may air next week... so I guess I'll have to troll the internet to find it. If anyone happens to see it, please feel free to tape it! :) CTV is pretty popular so I'm really excited that they're finding this project of interest. The more people that hear about it and want to support it, the better! Let's grant some wishes!!!

And now... since it's late... and I'm sick, sick, sick... I'm going to bed. I'm secretly hoping my very wonderful husband will say "it's ok honey, why don't you sleep in a bit" tomorrow morning. :) Crossing my fingers!

Until tomorrow... and more pictures!! Good night!

1 comment:

Search This Blog