Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What A Day!!!

Today was the day I got to put out a table at NSCC and with the help and support of the class we made it a service learning project and hosted a one-day sale. I thought, hmm... three boxes of paintings is probably overkill... we'll probably only sell about a dozen if we're lucky.

HA HA HA HA HA.

Between 7:30 and 8:30 we had sold that dozen... and it didn't stop there!! I think between the sale at the school and the people who came by the house to pick up paintings, we topped a thousand dollars and over 50 paintings. Plus... my mom sold 20 paintings at her workplace... so thanks everyone out there for their support! Plus, one of the lovely marketing ladies at the school put in a call to CTV and a camera operator showed up to do some filming and he's going to pitch the story idea tomorrow! Here's hoping they see it as a great opportunity to support the community and all those kids!!

Anyway... it was a very mind-blowing wonderful day and I have too many people to thank. I'll focus on two... Jocelyn, our faculty member who has been a champion for the project, and Kelsey who came in at 6:30 this morning to help me unload, set up, and man the table. She was AMAZING! I think I was getting a little muddled toward the middle of the morning... hadn't eaten much at that point and am, unfortunately, sick. But she kept me going and I really appreciate everything she did. Thanks to the other dental ladies who came by the table to support, shop, and encourage. You gals are fabulous!

And to the staff and students at NSCC... you guys should be so proud of what we collectively raised today!! I hope everyone is happy with their paintings and I hope that the lovely warm fuzzy feelings you get from  helping Children's Wish stay with you now and forever. Who knows? Maybe someone will be inspired to start their own quirky project to support a cause they are passionate about. Now that would be a wonderful way to pay it forward!

Tonight's painting... getting to the point so I can get on to the mammoth task of updating the catalogue, is called "Anxiety Attack" and is a 5x7 board swirly crazy batch of colour. I guess you could say it's a little reflective of the day's ups and downs and round and round! Between adrenaline, excitement, illness, exhaustion, studying, testing, selling and soon sleeping, it has been an absolutely crazy wonderful day. Wouldn't change it for the world, but am looking forward to my bed too!

Don't forget to check out the new all-in-one viewer available on the left hand side near the galleries. Chris is up to the end of November now... and it is pretty easy to see everything. Plus there's a fun little random painting button. I amuse myself hitting that to see what pops up. It's a nice way to revisit old favourites!

Anyway... off to bed with me. Up again early tomorrow to finish studying. Preferably without falling asleep in my books! Good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog