Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Final Two Weeks

So, as you probably already know, we're going away for a week for Christmas. This means, basically, that I will likely not be posting photos this Friday for week 51. Instead, there will be a larger two week posting at the very end of the year.

This may change if I get some art supplies while out west. I can't promise anything because, hey, it's Christmas! I will say that I have painted a few extras now and I intend to "catch up" when I get back. So there will be 365 paintings at the end of the year like I promised.

Tonight's painting is a 4x4 canvas called "Itty Bitty" and it is a tree (again, I know). I love those trees, and I think I'm not alone! I called it Itty Bitty because it's a small painting and it's a little tree. Not perhaps my most original title, but certainly not my least either! Oh titles... they really do give me a hard time! Almost as hard as coming up with an idea when I'm stuck.

Sold six paintings today! Five little animals and "Raindrop" - the 5x5 one. I noticed as I was going through the catalogue Chris made, that there are more than one of some titles... whoops. Guess I really am less creative with the names than I thought! A few starry nights, a couple of raindrops... I'm sure there are more... So, just note the date in particular or at least the size so I know which one you mean!

To a slightly less fun topic... there are a few people with paintings who have already agreed on a donation but have not yet made that donation. I would greatly appreciate it if those of you would please make good on that as soon as you can. Mostly so that I know what is what and I don't have to chase anyone down as that makes me, and likely you too, feel uncomfortable. Thanks... I appreciate it.

Otherwise, today was a pretty good day. Still sick... but doing ok. Got lots of painting done tonight too. Finished an enlargement of "Valentine" for a lady who asked for it... I've temporarily forgotten who it was, but it's in my email. It will have its own title as well... Lots of people are asking for specific paintings which is great. It certainly takes the guesswork out of an evening!

Oh yes... I said it was a good day... this is a great example of how I am trying hard to focus on the good stuff. I would like to share a mishap of my day... just to provide a little perspective of my life. I went to the freezer to get out some food for lunch and perhaps something to make for supper when I found that our freezer was not actually on. Everything had thawed. It was still pretty cold, mostly because we hadn't gone into it in a few days, but wow. That wasn't a highlight of the day for sure! We tossed all the poultry, but kept the steaks because they were still chilly and my brother said they were probably ok. So... if we all come down with food poisoning in the next 24 hours or so, you'll know why. Good times. I feel ok so far, so hopefully all was well. I really cooked the living daylights out of them too! Sad for the steaks. Anyway... at the time I was pretty upset because it's wasteful in terms of the food and the money. However... as the afternoon went on I realized that it wasn't such a big deal. A loss, sure, but really... not an insurmountable one. It could always be worse! I think that's pretty indicative of the changes I'm trying to make in how I view the world. I could dwell on the spoiled food and really feel awful, or I could look at it as the minor inconvenience that it is, and hopefully remind myself that we bought a lot of it on special so it probably wasn't that expensive, and that we do have the means to buy groceries... when we get back. I'm just really glad it was only an unplugging issue and not a broken freezer. So there's the silver lining. Fixable problem. :)

And now to bed... sleep is good... I'm going to cross my fingers the kids let us sleep in a bit tomorrow. You know, till 7:30 maybe. :) Have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog