Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 8, 2011

An Interesting Phone Call

So... today has been another mind-blowing day! Lots of page views which is wonderful... quite a few emails about buying paintings and supporting Children's Wish which is fantastic (and I promise to write back to everyone tomorrow)... and... a message on my home phone from Darrell Dexter's constituency office about a resolution being read tomorrow in Legislature about this project. WOW!! I did phone back but it was too late and everyone was likely gone for the day. I hope I get to attend... we'll have to see about timing. Tomorrow is still a school day!

The support and positive feedback has been overwhelming and just incredible! I don't think there are enough words to describe how I've been feeling. I want to thank everyone who has participated in this adventure. The momentum of the last few days has been growing... or so it seems to me! I feel like, just a month ago this project was still relatively unheard of. Now? Well... I had someone recognize me from the paper at school today which was a bit weird, and a little cool. As long as people hear about the Children's Wish Foundation and the whole painting a canvas a day for charity that's great. Me? Well, as I've said before, there's not really much of anything about me that's so special or different than anyone else. That's part of the beauty of this project. Really and truly anyone can do it. Anyone can start a project that is aimed at improving another person's life. I hope that maybe, just maybe, somewhere out there someone is thinking, hey, I can do that... maybe I'll do something in 2012 to support a cause I believe in. Wouldn't that be great?

Now... on to tonight and the painting... I'm up quite late tonight because I was studying for tomorrow's final exam (ooo, scary sounding word 'exam') and then I decided that even though it was after ten, hang it all, I was going to paint! I could, in theory, have left it for tomorrow and caught up, but I think Chris and I are going on a date night/Christmas present shopping trip for the kids. So... the chances of me doing two tomorrow are actually a little slim. So... I painted a kid-friendly little bird. It would seem from a lot of the emails I've been getting that the little cartoony animals are quite popular! Tonight's 4x4 canvas is of a little purple bird out in the snow. I've given it the slightly unoriginal title of "Snowbird." Not to be confused with the Canadians who head South for the winter! I also started prepping tomorrow night's painting, also a 4x4 and also a little bird. Though this one is more like "Grumpy Gus".

My lovely husband is busily working on a website design for this project. He thinks he can come up with a better way to display the paintings and their relevant information... and maybe, just maybe a way to buy/donate online! I think he's got the first four months on there but is still working out the kinks. What a guy... he got up early this morning, delivered mail in the pouring rain and wind, took the bus home since he did overtime today and missed out on our carpool, and then went out to tutor math, then home to work on the website. He is so supportive... and believe me, this past year that has been a most appreciated quality!! So thanks Chris!! For everything. :)

And now... to bed I think. Almost midnight... up in about five hours to have what I'm sure will be a great day. Today's test went really well, and I feel pretty good about tomorrow's exam. So, what will be, will be! Good night everyone! See you tomorrow for the pictures of Week 49!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog