Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Successful Saturday!

Not only did I manage to get some Christmas shopping done with my little girl this morning, but I got a visit in with my friends Nikki & Peter and their adorable little guy, and... two paintings! Woo-hoo!

In case you're wondering why I would paint two canvasses in one day instead of the 'advertised' one, it's because I know that the end of term is coming fast and I'm quite sure there will be nights I have to study and not paint. Plus, we're off to Saskatchewan for a time during the Christmas break. Thanks to our diligent neighbours who will be watching out for our house and kitty. They're awesome! I love our street... everyone looks out for everyone else.

Anyway, the two paintings are somewhat similar, with a twist. The one for tonight is called "Sweetness" because I think it reminds me of wistfulness and romance... if that is possible with trees. It's kind of like the tree series I have going... but with purples and greens. Some pink and white work their way in there as well. Then, because I had extra paint I started a second. Waste not, and all that... those trees are more like "Branch Out" but with purples, blues, and green/yellows. I don't know why the pairs of trees appeals to me so much, but I just love them. I'm a big fan of symmetry and palindromes and for whatever reason the trees together make me happy.

So, at the end of a longish, but successful Saturday I'm going to sleep. Maybe I'll get the remainder of my shopping done tomorrow... maybe not... but I'm starting to feel the crunch. I had plans to make some stuff as gifts but I might run out of time!! I suppose if all else fails my family will be receiving paintings for Christmas (and yes I do pay for them). :) Good night... hope you are all having a good weekend! See you tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog