Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Home Again, Home Again!!

Jiggity jig...

Ok... so we're finally home! I say finally because we had quite the long night last night... our plane got to Toronto just fine, we made it to the gate to the sounds of "final boarding call" and then had to wait as patiently as possible for an hour on the plane until we could be de-iced and on our way. Got to the Halifax airport to find no waiting available taxis, so had to wait in line to get one... made it home around 2:30am. Then Chris decided to pop out to get some groceries since the kids were none too pleased that we didn't have milk in the fridge. He got in around 3 and I think we finally nodded off around 3:30. Then he got up for work at 6. Ugh.

Right now both kids are at daycare, one happily, the other still making up her mind, but I did cave and call to check on her and she was doing just fine. So... now is my time to zonk out for a wee bit, do a little unpacking, tidying, supper prep, and oh yes, painting!

For everyone who emailed me while we were away, I promise to get back to you (again) to make any and all arrangements. Thank you SO much for your patience and understanding!!

Oh... and one quick little interesting note... my painting of Jack Layton will be hanging in a political office in Ottawa some time in the next day or so! Very cool. :)

And now... off I go to tie up all the loose ends and maybe, just maybe, have a little nap if I get the chance.

Will post more later...

2 comments:

  1. Jo, is the Jack Layton portrait the one you did on Day 234? Did you sell it to Olivia?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't sell it to her no... I was thinking about sending it to her as a gift. No, it was purchased by someone who works for an MP (or is it MLA?), and who is loosely connected to Chris's parents. Met him when he picked it up, and then again at the airport... coincidence! He's going to hang it in his office though, so who knows... maybe Olivia Chow will see it after all!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog