Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 1, 2011

December!!

Oh my... it's the last month of the year!! As Trina put it, 31 paintings to go! It's odd, this makes me sound excited to stop this project, when I'm kind of not... it's been so amazing as a personal challenge, an adventure, and a perspective-shifter, I almost don't want to stop! Of course, then the practical side of me says, hey... woah... you haven't even sold these paintings yet, don't go painting more. Oh, and of course, the big one: School! I did sort of promise Chris that I wouldn't start any new projects until after I'm done school. I guess since we're a partnership and all, I should probably keep to that plan. :)

So, today was a daisy day... again... because I love them and they cheer me up. There is nothing like seeing a bunch of daisies to brighten one's spirits. They are a hardy plant, can grow on the side of the road or in a garden, are simple yet elegant, and are just plain cheerful. When Chris and I first got together I imagine he was pretty thrilled to find out my favourite flowers were not expensive roses, but rather thrifty daisies. Way more bang for your buck! Anyway, this painting is a 5x7 board and it's blue swirls in the background with a pair of daisies in the foreground. At Chris's suggestion I did the daisies in black and white, and I think they pop quite nicely. We hemmed and hawed for awhile about a name for it, and finally settled on "Daisy Deco". I think Chris might want to buy it... but we'll see. We can't buy them all... much as there are quite a few I'm going to hate parting with!

Ok, side tangent, Chris just came over and showed me some old photos of our son on his phone. SOOOO cute!!! I love looking back to see what he looked like. Oh my the cuteness is on overload. Yup, I might be a little biased, I'm "mom" after all... but wow... it is so amazing to see the changes in the little people we would do anything for. Every day I count myself so very lucky to have such amazing, wonderful, and since doing this project, healthy, kids. Don't take a minute of it for granted... they are precious little people!

And now... to bed... I have to do an oral presentation in class tomorrow... I'm doing this project actually so that'll be pretty cool. Still, need to be fairly well rested! Ha ha ha... that's funny... maybe next month. :) It's worth every minute of lost sleep to feel like I might just make a difference for a kid and their family. Every single minute. Good night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog