Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Surprise Inspiration

Well... today was a much better day. Only a few toddler tantrum scuffles... nothing like the full-on blowups so we're good. All in all things are good on the home front. Kids are happy, getting healthier... Chris and I are healthy and happy... what more can one ask for?

Tonight I went to a memorial for a really lovely lady who used to live on our street. She was always so nice and easy to talk to and her sudden passing was pretty hard to take. We weren't especially close, but we were looking forward to getting to know her better with the warm weather. We all seem to stay house-bound during the winter... the occasional wave is about it... but spring and summer sees the street burst to life. It's really a great street to live on!

I think one of the photos in the slide show influenced my painting tonight. I watched the slide show twice and the beach photo stuck in my mind. I didn't really make that connection until just now.... but when I was done painting and trying to come up with a name for it Chris asked what I had in mind when I was painting. I said something about nature, and wind and sky and sea... he said it reminded him a bit of time lapse grass in the wind. I said something about sand dunes and the grasses there... so I called it "Sand Dunes". Just now I realized that my neighbour was at the beach among the waving sand grasses. So, maybe that's why I painted what I did tonight. It was more or less just instinctual painting rather than a form or a scene. I just picked up paints that seemed right to me and let it be what it would be. Interesting results I'd say. So... this one is for my neighbour who was gone too soon. We miss you, and Happy Birthday.

Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog