Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ah Hindsight...

Is it just me, or does hindsight show up waving a big sign saying "I told you so" far too often? Why, oh why can't it come to the party a little earlier? Oh wait... that's why it's HINDsight. Bah. Lesson learned this evening: Do the background first... even if you think it can be worked around. Especially if you have wet paint and a time crunch.

Sigh.

Ah well, my painting is ok in the end... just would have been easier and tidier to do the whole background first. Whoever said I wanted to make life easier for myself though? Ha. I laugh in the face of a challenge... I chuckle at wet smeary paint... I, um, ok, not so much chuckle as cringe and wipe madly at it trying to fix it before it's a bigger mess. Lesson learned.

Today's painting is called "Little Kitty". It's on a 4x6 board and it has a primary colour background (looks better than it sounds) and a black cat. It's a doodle of a cat that I've been painting for years. In fact, my inlaws have a painting with a similar cat. Well, at least I think they do... maybe we have it and they have the dogs... it's late and I'm not so sure. Well, anyway... not the point. I like the doodle so it ended up in the year's work. :)

Just want to say a quick hello and thank you to the wonderful people at Wizard Optical down on Spring Garden Road (Halifax, NS). You guys are awesome and thank you SO much for fixing my glasses for me today even though you aren't even open on Saturdays (oops). I was lucky that John and Tracy were there doing inventory... and that I must have looked quite stressed (well my little girl did mangle my specs quite thoroughly). Anyway... they opened the doors and helped me out. So... thank you!! Next time I make fudge I'll bring some by for you guys. Oh, and if anyone local is looking for a place to go with great... no, fantastic service (and excellent prices too)... then go to Wizard Optical. Really. :)

Anyway... it's just a few minutes shy of midnight (again) and I'm going to fall asleep or continue to type random thoughts... so I will opt for sleep and save you all from my babbling. Have a great day and give someone you love a hug. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jo, any plans to paint the missing Gnomes? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog