Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Bird For Nanny & Erin

Tonight I painted a bird. A Gouldian Finch to be exact... well, as exact as my first attempt at a bird can be! The title of this post is A Bird For Nanny & Erin.... Nanny was my grandmother and she passed away in April. The book of bird pictures that I took the idea from was hers. My sister gave it to me when I was down for the funeral. I'm not a birdwatcher or anything... but I wanted something of Nanny's and I thought that would be handy for this project, so there you go. It's also a painting in honour of my friend Erin because she is into birds. At one point, several years ago, I had two zebra finches. I can't remember if she gave them to me (babies from her birds) or if I bought them myself... but for a time I had birds in my house. The Gouldian Finch is obviously not the same as a Zebra Finch... but they're finches and I liked the colours, so. Hope you like it Erin... :)

Oh, the title is, unoriginally, "Gouldian Finch". Yup... I know... not exactly snappy or artsy title, but what can you do? At least this way I'll remember what kind of bird it's supposed to be later if someone asks. :) It's a 5x7 stretched canvas. I like it... I've got a few other bird ideas for future paintings too. If you have a favourite... let me know and I will do my best.

Otherwise... have a lovely evening!

1 comment:

  1. Gouldians are so beautiful. I don't see the pic though? Is there supposed to be a picture?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog